WiWiKom II (2015-2019)
Valid Assessment of Students’ Development of Professional Business and Economic Competencies over the Course of their Studies - A Quasi-experimental Longitudinal Study.
Motivation and Goals
The Projekt WiWiKom II (2015 – 2019) expands the cross-sectional design of WiWiKom I by a quasi-experimental longitudinal study with 4 measuring dates (over four years) over the course of studies, in order to achieve a in-depth validation and to expand the insights about students‘ competency increase by individual change measurement. The central goals are:
- Assessment of the development of students’ professional business and economics competencies in relation to learning opportunities attended during and prior to university studies (as an influencing variable).
- Differentiation between professional business and economics competencies (assessed using the WiWiKom test, (link) from general cognitive abilities (such as intelligence, assessed using the BEFKI test).
- Gather evidence on the ability of the test to predict study success (completion of a Bachelor degree course) or successful transition into a Master degree course or into professional practice.
- Assessment of how sensitive to changes the WiWiKom test is by comparing the progression of competency of students from the target group and the control group (business and economics and social sciences).
- Survey plan (for all 4 measuring dates).
- Preparation and conduct of the surveys (all 4 measuring datesT1 winter term 2016/17: N=5023 at 39 higher education institutions with n(business and economics)=3637 at 22 higher education institutions und n(social sciences)=1386 at 17 higher education institutions).
- Entry, preparation and analysis of data.
- Results feedback for students and higher education institutions.
- Longitudinal analyses.
- Comparisons with international project partners.
- Transfer workshop.